This Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering Degree Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission(s) of ABET, http://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Mechanical Engineering Program Criteria.
Mechanical Engineering Program Educational Objectives
The Mechanical Engineering Program is designed to prepare students for successful careers having positive societal impact in industry, government, academia, and consulting. Within three to five years after graduation, our alumni are expected to:
- Apply their engineering knowledge, critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving skills with integrity and inclusivity in professional engineering practice or in non-engineering fields, such as law, medicine, or business.
- Continue their intellectual development through graduate education, professional development courses, self-directed investigation, and/or on-the-job training and experience.
- Embrace leadership and collaborative roles in their careers.
Mechanical Engineering Program Student Educational Outcomes
The outcomes we desire are that our graduates demonstrate:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Recent Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Fall Enrollment||Winter Enrollment||Degrees Awarded|