The formal ABET educational objectives for RISE courses are:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to mechanical engineering problems (a/1).
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data (b/2).
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes to meet desired needs (c/3).
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems (e/5).
- An ability to communicate effectively with written, oral, and visual means (g/7).
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context (h/8).
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning (i/9).
- An ability to use modern engineering techniques, skills, and computing tools necessary for engineering practice (k/11).