Associate Research Scientist, Mechanical EngineeringPersonal Research Page
Grant Kruger's LinkedIn
S.M. Wu Manufacturing Research Center
2300 Hayward, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2136
Phone: (734) 763-6351
Ph.D., Nelson Mandela University, 2006
M.S., Nelson Mandela University, 2003
B.S., Nelson Mandela University, 2002
Biomedical design and manufacturing; Digital health; Wearable technology; Intelligent systems; Robotics
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the 2018 University of Michigan Research Faculty Recognition Award.
- Best paper award at the 2018 Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference.
- Best Paper at the 2015 Pattern Recognition Association of South Africa Robotics and Mechatronics International Conference.
- Best Paper Award at the 2010 International Conference on Engineering and Meta-Engineering.
- S. M. Wu Manufacturing Research Center Extraordinary Research Award in 2009.
- Institute of Professional Engineering Technologist Award for Academic Excellence for AY2001.
- BSW-Channels Award for Best Senior Capstone Design Project IV in Electrical Engineering AY2001.
- Electrical Engineering Achievement Award for the best digital systems student in AY1999.
- Academic Merit Awards for Winter 1997, Winter 1999, and Fall 1999 in Electrical Engineering.
Kruger receives 2018 Research Faculty Recognition Award
This award is designed to recognize exceptional scholarly achievements, as evidenced by publications and/or other scholarly activities in any academic field of study.
Kruger and Shih receive a best paper award at CCCT 2010
Grant Kruger and Albert Shih received a best paper award at the CCCT 2010 for their paper on "Reactive Agent and Visualization System for Anesthesia Support in the Operating Room."