The weekend kicks off on Thursday evening with the University’s Reunion Gala Dinner at the Michigan League and induction into the Emeritus Society. The College of Engineering events begin on Friday with departmental activities and lunches, the Alumni Society General Meeting, North Campus tours, special lecture celebrating 100 years of graduate education and the Gala Alumni Society Awards Dinner. On Saturday, The Michigan Engineering Tailgate will begin at 1 p.m. in the University of Michigan Golf Course Clubhouse, followed by the Michigan vs. Illinois football game.
For more information and registration, visit Mconnex's Homecoming page.
Schedule Of Events
Friday, Oct. 12
- 11:30am – 12pm Alumni General Meeting: Hear an overview of the College from Dean Munson and participate in Michigan Engineering’s annual alumni business meeting. General Motors Conference Hall, Fourth Floor, Robert H. Lurie Engineering Center, 1221 Beal Avenue.
- 12pm – 2pm Lunch in the Departments: Connect with colleagues from your engineering major. Various locations. Price TBD
- 2pm – 4pm Rackham Centennial Lecture: Learn as the University celebrates 100 years of graduate education. Location TBD.
- 6:30pm – 10pm Alumni Awards Reception and Dinner: Enjoy an elegant evening with the Leaders and Best. Ballroom, Michigan League. $75 per person.
Saturday, Oct. 13
- Tailgate and Football Game: Connect with fellow alumni, students, and guests. $30 per person for tailgate only, $100 per person for tailgate and football game ticket. Tailgate will begin three hours before kickoff.
2012 Mechanical Engineering Department Highlights
- Mechanical Engineering Professor Jyoti Mazumder elected to the National Academy of Engineering, one of the highest honors for an engineer.
- Breaking ground on a new, world-class research complex – the 62,880-square-foot addition to the existing G.G. Brown Laboratories will enable transformative research activities where core mechanical engineering intersects with emerging technologies.
- The U-M Mechanical Engineering doctoral program has received exceptional marks from the National
- Research Council with composite rankings among the highest in mechanical engineering nationwide.
- Mechanical Engineering Professor Sridhar Kota, serving the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy as assistant director for advanced manufacturing, has been instrumental in shaping a number of initiatives; one of those efforts is the Advanced Manufacturing Partnership, which President Obama announced in June 2011.