- About ME
- Contact the ASO
- ME Courses
- Undergrad Handbook
- Graduate Handbook
- People & Groups
- News & Info
You are here
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Mechanical Engineering (ME) at the University of Michigan! We are thrilled that you would like to learn more about applying to our dynamic graduate program. Click on one of the below links to obtain more information on how to apply to ME!
How to Apply and Additional Information
- How to Apply (Information regarding application, letters of recommendation, transcripts, personal statement, statement of purpose, etc).
- Test Score Requirements (GRE, TOEFL, MELAB, or IELTS; minimum score requirements)
- Checklist of Items to be Submitted with Application (What should be submitted to ME or Rackham?)
- What Documents Do I Mail In?
- Tuition and Fees (How much does it cost to attend Grad School?)
- ME Graduate Program Descriptions (Doctoral, Master, SGUS, JI-SGUS, EGL, etc)
- Current or Previous Rackham Graduate Student Applying for PhD Program (for current Master applicants in ME)
- Application Decisions (When will I receive my decision?)
- Graduate Admissions Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Helpful Links for Graduate Applicants (salaries for ME students, fee waivers, residency classification, minimum requirements for admission to Rackham Graduate School and MORE)
- Defer Admission (How can I defer my admission?)
- Readmission to Master Program
- Reinstatement to a Ph.D. Program
|Fall Term Application|
|Doctoral (Ph.D.):||December 15th|
|Master (MSE):||January 15th|
|Sequential Graduate & Undergraduate Studies (SGUS), Engineering Global Leadership (EGL), Joint Insitute - Sequential Graduate Undergraduate Study (JI-SGUS):||January 15th|
|Current or previous Rackham student:||January 31st|
|Winter Term Application|
|Master (MSE):||August 1st|
|Sequential Graduate & Undergraduate Studies (SGUS), Engineering Global Leadership (EGL), Joint Insitute - Sequential Graduate Undergraduate Study (JI-SGUS):||August 1st|
|Current or previous Rackham student:||October 19th|
The Mechanical Engineering (ME) Department accepts Ph.D. applications for the Fall term only.
NOTE: There is no early review of resume, GRE, TOEFL or other application requirements. We review all application materials when an application has been submitted. We encourage applicants to submit an application and supporting materials to be considered for admission.